We're looking for a service designer
& program facilitator!
Service Designer & Program Facilitator
As a service designer at Makers Unite, you will serve as the main cultural bridge between participants and the organization. We are looking for someone with creative skills, and who has the capability of dealing with cultural differences. We need a creative thinker who can interpret both: the creative industry of the Netherlands, and the background of newcomers with a refugee background.
The ideal candidate would have experience in cross cultural communication, design thinking and human centered development. She/He/They should be able to identify touch points in the participants’ journey through MUCL.
The Creative Lab
During the Creative Lab, an international group of 10 newcomers work together on creative assignments, field visits, and professional masterclasses over the course of 6 weeks. The Lab mentors work together with participants on CVs, portfolios, and a culminate creative project briefed by an external organisation.
This creative project offers professional experience within the Dutch creative industry, which both facilitates personal networks and exposes participants to problem solving methods that can later be applied in their own lives. Ben & Jerry’s and Amnesty International have been recent partners for the creative project. At the end of each Creative Lab, participants pitch themselves to the Makers Unite community and its creative partners. After the program, the participants join the freelancers pool and work with us on creative assignments.
- Develop the Makers Unite Creative Lab program
- Assess 3 years of accumulated feedback from Talent Development Programs
- Conduct user research to fully understand participants’ needs: focus groups, one on one interviews, etc
- Understand the service-related problems/challenges of the participants and community
- Run creative workshops and facilitate the sessions
- Work directly with participants on an individual level
- Work with creative partners on the creative assignments
- Work experience in program facilitation in cultural / social sectors
- Fluent in a wide range of design processes, methodology and deliverables
- You know the power of perfectly crafted design direction
- A fearless, positive and self-motivated attitude paired with and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem-solving skills
- A service-design related degree or work experience in the design field
- Good cultural understanding and knowledge about different cultures and parts of the world
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- English - Fluent
- Dutch - Highly Desirable
- Arabic - Bonus!
Who are we?
Makers Unite is a textile based creative agency with a big social mission.
We support the creative talent of newcomers* by providing them with training programs to develop soft and hard skills enabling them to work in the Netherlands independently, and work with us on creative assignments for our partners. The diversity of our team allows unique perspectives and creative talent that delivers high quality products. We are inclusive and ethical. Together with newcomers, we produce sustainable products using environment-friendly material.
What can we offer?
Working at Makers Unite gives you an opportunity to be immersed in creative processes for a more inclusive society. There’s an open and equal way of working where team members are autonomous and responsible for planning and fulfilling their activities in a manner that aligns with the vision of a fair society for all. You will get to meet top industry partners and inspiring creative professionals on a daily basis.
- Be the lead on social impact of Makers Unite
- Autonomy on your own work
- Multicultural team from all over the world
- Multidisciplinary way of working
Other than that, we have fun!
Ready to apply? YES!
Please send an introduction about yourself and share why you're interested in this role, along with a resume and portfolio to email@example.com